Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter Break

As I mentioned before, I am now on Easter Break, which I suppose is Spain’s version of an American Spring Break. The only difference is that Spaniards celebrate Holy Week and Easter a lot bigger than we do in the states, so most people have more days off of work for the Easter holiday. The children and staff at my school don’t have to return until the 17th of April!

Some of my friends are taking amazing trips across Europe for Easter, but because of a lack of planning, the need to get a lot of things done and the desire to stop spending so much money, I’m planning to fill this break with a lot of productive work as well as a couple of fun day trips.

I haven’t completely ruled out travelling in Europe, I might still join my friends on their trip to Munich, but I’m so tired of looking at flights online that I just completely gave up my search. There are still some places that I absolutely want to see in Europe before I return to the states (London, Rome, Berlin/Munich, Lisbon and Athens) but I still have some time to see these places. For me, the most important thing is to plan my trips to these places now, while I can still get good deals on flights and accommodations.

Anyway, there is a lot of work that I need to do that I have been saving especially for this break. The most important thing is revising my resume and applying for jobs/programs in the states. I return home in less than 3 months and I would really like to have a job already lined up for when I get back. I am very much an organized person and this is the first time in my life that I don’t know exactly what’s next in my life, which kind of frightens me. I do plan to study for the MCAT when I return and apply to medical school next year, but I would like to also be doing something productive (and making money) while I am doing this. I would love to find a job doing something medical-related, language-related or related to education.

Another important thing that I plan to do on my break is to plan my sister’s bridal shower and bachelorette party. She is getting married in less than 4 months and although her bridesmaids and I have a lot of ideas, I really need to start thoroughly planning everything. Hopefully this will be a more fun job to work on.

In addition, I still plan to find some Equatorial Guinean literature and do some research. This may be a little tricky because I’m not able to find a lot of literature on this African country in Jávea. Maybe I can take a short trip to Madrid or Valencia and find something. Even If I don’t carry out this research as I planned in the beginning, I would at least like to bring back some literature with me to the states, because it is very hard to find there.

If I don’t make an international or domestic trip (I really want to see Andalucía) during my break I plan to explore the Costa Blanca a bit. I may possibly take a few day trips to neighboring towns, like Dénia, Altea, Gandia, Benidorm, and Ondara. I also really want to visit the Zoo in Valencia, so I may do that.

If there is one thing to be sure of, it’s that through all of the productive work I plan to do and trips that I plan to make during my break, I definitely shouldn't be bored!

No comments:

Post a Comment