Tuesday, April 17, 2012

From "Londres" with Love

Today was the first day back to school after the Easter break. We did the usual, “I haven’t seen you in two weeks” Spanish greeting which included exchanging hugs and kisses, sharing stories about each other’s “vacation” and talking about how no one can wait for the semester to end. I also received a lot of “did you go home” questions from the people that didn’t get a chance to ask if I was going home before the break. I told everyone that I mostly stayed in Jávea and did work. Half of them looked at me with a pitied expression while the other half tried to figure out what kind of “work” I had to do. Other than that today was a normal school day. Classes resumed as if there was never a break and most of the students in our classes were given a date for the next unit exam.


My T-shirt from "Londres"

There was one really exciting thing that happened today. One of my fifth-grade students went to London (or Londres in Spanish) with some friends for the Easter break and brought me and the other English teacher back T-shirts. I was stunned. I remember her asking us both what size shirts we wore the week before the break but neither of us paid it any attention. I didn’t even know that she was going to London. I’m not sure whether she gave us the shirts because we are her English teachers or because we are her favorite teachers but either way I thought that it was the sweetest gesture and it definitely made my day.

After school I went home to have a snack, met with my intercambio for about an hour-and-a-half, went to aerobics class and finally came home for good. I am exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment